Students need to remain home if they have:
- Fever: Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature 100.4°F or higher. Students and staff may return to school if the fever has been resolved for 24 HOURS without fever reducing medications unless the fever is caused by an illness that requires them to stay home longer.
- Diarrhea: New and unrelated to an existing chronic condition.
- Vomiting/ Throwing Up: New and unrelated to an existing chronic condition. Students and staff may return 24 HOURS after their last episode of vomiting unless vomiting is caused by an illness that requires them to stay home longer.
- Cough: New persistent cough unrelated to an existing chronic condition.
- Inability to Participate: The student or staff member does not feel well enough to take part in usual activities. For example, a child is overly tired, fussy or will not stop crying.
If you are unsure sometimes the best course is to keep your child home until they are symptom free. Although, if you have any questions please contact the health office or front office.
Information for Medication, Asthma, Allergies and Vaccines