The state of Colorado requires each school to have a School Accountability Committee (SAC) consisting of parents, teachers, and community members charged with advising the administration on the improvement of the school. The SAC is tasked with informing, encouraging, and providing opportunities for parent and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes.
To achieve these goals throughout the year the SAC members will:
- Review Standardized Assessment Data with school administration and identify needed areas of growth.
- Review the schools Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) developed by the school administration to address needed areas of growth.
- Administer Parent Satisfaction Surveys and report results and SAC recommendations to the Ascent Classical Academy Board of Directors.
- Report, at least annually, to the Ascent Classical Academy Board of Directors, on the educational performance of the school and provide data for the appraisal of such performance.
SAC meetings are held monthly and are open to parents. The next SAC meeting will be on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 3:30 p.m.
Members of the 2022-2023 School Accountability Committee include:
- President: Adam Rutan
- Secretary: Meghan Silverthorn
- Natalie Walker
- Kimbra Nungesser
- Jacob Clay